Yes, there is no Maggie Dixon Classic at the Garden this year (sad face) but there was at Depaul. I’m sure Doug’s happy the Blue Demons won… but what’s he gonna say about the 80 points they gave up to UAB?
The Lauren Hill Tip Off game was won by Xavier.
Could be a tough season for the Boilermakers. Villanova downed them, 58-44.
First win! Yes, it was over Alcorn State, but a win is a win. Excelle asks: Can new coach Adia Barnes save Arizona women’s basketball?
Sue’s Coach’s Chair with Rick Insell.
Some games on tonight, but kinda tough to see and featuring some brilliant scheduling….
6pm EST #4 Ohio State v # 7 South Carolina – BTNplus
Ohio State women’s basketball | Matchup against South Carolina a lot like last year’s
Women’s basketball: OSU, South Carolina matchup will feature two of the best
Point Well Taken: Ohio State is in good hands with Kelsey Mitchell
How USC kept Ohio State away from Dawn Staley
6pm EST # UConn v # Florida State – ESPN2. A little shine’s off this game if Romero’s hamstring keeps her off the court.
Florida State women face UConn on Monday night
UConn women could face tall test against Florida State
UConn’s Geno Auriemma Looks Into a Mirror and Sees Gregg Popovich,
Uncertainty Surrounds UConn Women As They Open The Season At Florida State
Geno – “Well, people will recognize the uniforms.”
6:30 – #20 Florida v. Chattanooga
7PM – #9 UCLA v. Baylor
8pm EST #8 Texas v #11 Stanford
10PM EST Colorado State v. #17 Washington
UW Women’s Basketball player is driving force with unique jump shot
Leader of the Pack: How Kelsey Plum earned the Huskies’ respect
CSU Women’s Basketball Travels for Preseason WNIT Contest at No. 17/15 Washington
You can also check out their Power 5 preview and predictions
“I wish she played for me.” College coaches gush over opposing star players’ talents
Listen in to LaChina’s latest: Ahead of Monday’s women’s basketball matchups, LaChina Robinson sits down with Florida State guard Leticia Romero and Texas head coach Karen Aston for season insight and more.
I love it when Graham gets to write about women’s basketball: Turner is Notre Dame’s quiet cornerstone
Notre Dame’s Brianna Turner played much of last season with what seemed at times like little more than one arm. Which speaks volumes about what sort of passion resides within someone who has otherwise played her whole life with what often seems one expression.
As for that other stuff: Put a face you know on it….
- When someone walks up to a total stranger using American Sign Language and says, “This is white America now. Take your retarded self and go somewhere else now. Trump is president now,” think about a recently retired WNBA champion and Olympian who was mocked because of her hearing impairment.
- When a drunk dude says, “Take off your hijab or I’ll burn you,” think about the woman who holds Massachusetts high-school scoring record for girls or boys.
- When the Episcopal Church that hosted someone’s uncles wedding is tagged with “Heil Trump” and “Fag Church” think of the Miss Basketball point guard who, with her wife and three children, is now Vanderbilt’s head coach.
- When a former senate staffer emails a journalist saying, “Why do you think Trump was elected? We’ve had it with watching our country being overrun by third world riff-raff,” think of the creators of the Nerd City Kids and their Nigerian-born parents.
- When swastikas are painted on an elementary school in Bethesda Maryland where a Jewish congregation worships, remember that Stanford point guard.
- When every single black freshman at Penn is added to a Facebook group call “N*gger Lynching” thing of every freshman playing for your team.
- When a 10 year old has to be picked up from school by her aunt because boy grabbed her vagina. “If the president can do it, I can do it,” ” think about every young girl you know who is playing basketball.